"I love this house. This house is warm in the winter, cool in the summer, and looks spectacular with Christmas lights. It's a great house. I never want to move. But the thing I think I like best about this house are the voices I hear when I walk through the door." -Father of the Bride

Friday, March 20, 2015

January 2013- Mud Room

We enter our house 99% of the time through our garage, which is off the kitchen.  Right when you walk in from the garage, there is a small mud room with cabinets, a sink, and an extra "beverage" refrigerator.  There is also access to the backyard through the mud room.  It's a great little room, perfect for kitchen overflow, pets, and of course, mud, boots, and coats!  Everything was very old in this room- laminate cabinets, an ancient (HUGE) refrigerator, the exterior door.  I had always dreamed of putting cubbies for the kids in this space, and in the winter of '13, it became a reality.

Before pics of the mud room:




And after demolition:



New cabinets going in:



(The black paint on the right side of the above picture is both magnetic and chalkboard paint, I painted one on top of the other.  It took many many coats to become effective, but works great!)

Cubbies going in (Brian the carpenter built them):





No comments:

Post a Comment