"I love this house. This house is warm in the winter, cool in the summer, and looks spectacular with Christmas lights. It's a great house. I never want to move. But the thing I think I like best about this house are the voices I hear when I walk through the door." -Father of the Bride

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Spring 2011- TV/Toy Room

I just realized I forgot a major renovation from the spring of 2011!  It wasn't major in terms of work involved, but it was major in that it went from being a room we rarely used to a room we spend a large amount of time in now!  Behold, the converted drinking game/useless junk room becomes...the TV/playroom!  I've mentioned this room in the past on the blog, it's off the back of the house and connected to the living room by 2 sets of French doors.  It's fully heated, has lots of great windows, and other nice touches like a chair rail and crown molding.  It also had a tile floor, which, before we had children, made it the perfect indoor beer pong/flip cup room.  We had lots of fun during parties in there.  It has speakers that connect to our sound system too.  The room before the reno:



In order to make it a comfy TV and toy room, it needed carpet, paint, and to lose those ancient Roman shades.  We were able to have carpet installed right on top of the tile, and our carpenter Brian built an amazing corner window seat/toy box in one corner.  It's seats flip up to access the toy boxes, and I had cushions made to fit it's unique dimensions.  We had the room painted and had a TV mounted on one wall, and purchased a sectional from Bob's Discount Furniture.  It's a great room, and keeps all of the kids' toys in one place.







The room furnished and completed:


And the room today:


No comments:

Post a Comment