"I love this house. This house is warm in the winter, cool in the summer, and looks spectacular with Christmas lights. It's a great house. I never want to move. But the thing I think I like best about this house are the voices I hear when I walk through the door." -Father of the Bride

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Spring 2012- Cooper's New Room

Moving on to Winter/Spring 2012….In December of 2011 we learned we were expecting a sibling for Cooper, very exciting.  In Feb of '12 we learned it was another boy, yippee, brothers!  This also meant that Cooper was going to gain a new bedroom, and give the nursery to his little bro.  I had always had in mind that he would get the guest bedroom at the front of the house, opposite ours.  This is what it looked like up until that point:

We gave the furniture to Shane's cousins and began the transformation!  I wanted to keep the beige color, and add classic primary "boy" colors…red and blue, specifically.  And I wanted it to be sporty and fun.




The furniture, rug, and curtain rods are all Pottery Barn Kids.  The comforter came from a Polo outlet, and the neat vintage sports ticket prints above the bed I found online.  Curtain panels were $20 each at Bed Bath and Beyond!  Wooden blinds with the navy bindings are from an online blind store.

This room also possesses it's own, small bathroom.  It had pink, tiny floor tile (it reminded me of the ladies room at the Hyannis Filene's in the '80's!) and a strip of pink and purple tiles in the shower.  Also, lovely pink walls.  That would not do for my little boy! :)

Before!




After!

This was also when I found the tile guy I have now used a few times, and his work is nothing short of remarkable.  His name is Francesco Greco, and I really think of him as an artist!  For this particular bathroom, since it was such a "minor" project, he suggested just leaving the pink floor tile, and he tiled right over it.  It's not something I would do all over the house, but I figured it was fine for just a small bathroom, and certainly saves on not only cost, but also the mess of demolition!  Comical tidbit about this shower….it has never been used since it's been re-done.  Cooper is still too young to shower alone, and we have another shower for guests to use.  I remember Francesco telling me not to use it for a few days after he was finished…no problem buddy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment