"I love this house. This house is warm in the winter, cool in the summer, and looks spectacular with Christmas lights. It's a great house. I never want to move. But the thing I think I like best about this house are the voices I hear when I walk through the door." -Father of the Bride

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Downstairs Bathroom: Spring 2009


We just have one half bath on the first floor of our house, it is off the back hallway/kitchen area. This bathroom started out a peachy-cream color, with cream-colored beadboard. It had an older, light-colored wood vanity, and it's most unique feature was a wall-mounted pull-chain toilet. I don't have before pics, again, so I pulled the one to the left from the internet so you get the idea. Everyone thought this toilet was very cool- except for us. It's main problem was that it didn't flush correctly! In any event, a couple of years ago I painted this bathroom Behr's Chianti, a nice deep wine color, but then we decided to fully re-do the bathroom with a new toilet and vanity, so I decided to change the color again.

Here's the new bathroom now. The color is Benjamin Moore Nantucket Gray and the beadboard and trim is Decorator's White, of course.



The toilet is a super-charged (hehe) Toto, we have the same exact one in our master bath. The vanity I found on a website called www.sinksfaucetsandmore.com. It came in cherry or black as well, and had a choice of 6 granite countertops, with the sink built in. The matching mirror came along with it. The sconces are Restoration Hardware Campaign single sconces in satin nickel, just like in the master bath. The faucet is Kohler Forte in satin nickel. Faux wood window blinds are from Home Depot, and that sailboat print above the toilet is from Home Goods. The floor is the same as it's always been, and works perfectly with everything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment