"I love this house. This house is warm in the winter, cool in the summer, and looks spectacular with Christmas lights. It's a great house. I never want to move. But the thing I think I like best about this house are the voices I hear when I walk through the door." -Father of the Bride

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Winter 2006-2007

First Project: Master Bath
Shane and I started dating in June of 2006 and by that winter I was ready to get started! Not to be presumptuous or anything...:) I don't think I still have the "before" pictures of the master bathroom unfortunately, but to sum it up, it was a large section of the master suite divided into 3 smaller sections/rooms...1 had a sink, 1 had another sink, the toilet, a closet and the shower stall, and the 3rd area had 3 steps up to a large sunken jacuzzi tub. The sinks, toilet, tub, and tile were all a LOVELY mauve color, and all the fixtures were brass, brass, brass. (You'll see the word BRASS show up a lot in this blog, it took about 4 years, but there is finally almost no brass left in the house. I think.) We had the interior bathroom walls ripped out, and the raised area where the tub was dropped to floor level. The result was one very large bathroom. All fixtures became white, and the tiling is beige. The walls are now Benjamin Moore Quiet Moments. Trim is Decorator's White, which has become our staple color change for all the trim in the house. This was one of our more expensive projects as everything was done custom- cabinets and granite countertops, and moving some of the plumbing around. Clicking on the photos makes them larger.

The project in progress:




The finished bathroom now:







Faucets are American Standard Town Square in Satin Nickel. Mirrors are from Pottery Barn, and lighting fixtures are Restoration Hardware Campaign double sconces in Satin Nickel.



1 comment:

  1. We aim to give the best-quality, 'one-stop' engineering, structure, and building development services for new homes to enable the residents to have the kitchen and bath of their dreams. Granite Countertops Cape Cod

    ReplyDelete