"I love this house. This house is warm in the winter, cool in the summer, and looks spectacular with Christmas lights. It's a great house. I never want to move. But the thing I think I like best about this house are the voices I hear when I walk through the door." -Father of the Bride

Monday, May 17, 2010

Master Bedroom

Right after we did the master bathroom, we figured we should have the painters paint the bedroom while they were here. I had attempted to do it myself and it wasn't going so well. It was formerly painted cream with a deeper cream sponge paint-type pattern over the base color, from the chair rail up. The chair rail and wall below it were cream. The draperies were cream as well, and were long and made of heavy silk. We selected Benjamin Moore Montpelier for paint for the top part of the wall, which is a nice deep blue-gray, and the chair rail and wall below it are now Decorator's White.

Although we loved having the king sleigh bed, our master bedroom is divided into two halves, separated by a wall and 2 steps. The 2 steps lead to a sunken sitting area, which the bathroom is off of, and this area contains 6 huge built-in drawers, and 2 large closets as well. The king bed really crowded the upper, sleeping portion of the room. The new bedroom set we selected is Klaussner, and we got it at Jordan's Furniture. It's a queen bed, large armoire, and 2 nightstands. We didn't need a dresser due to the built-ins and our ample closets.

The Roman shades are from Pottery Barn and are chocolate toile. Bedding is chocolate stripe Italian stitch from Restoration Hardware.


This is Andrew Wyeth's "Master Bedroom", a print I have loved since seeing it at someone's house while babysitting when I was a teenager. We have most of our framing done at Art and Frame Source here in North Andover, but some of it has been done at Marjon in Hyannis.

For the lower portion of the room, we bought 2 dark leather chairs and a matching ottoman, also from Jordan's. The rug in that area has been one of my favorite purchases thus far- it's a damask chocolate and beige wool rug from Restoration Hardware.







No comments:

Post a Comment